EU Data Protection Policy
The EU General Data Protection Regulation is a legal basis that sets rules and regulation on protecting information of every individual in European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA). At Mary J Love, we are genuinely committed to keep your personal information – that we collect – safe under the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Furthermore, General Data Protection Regulation gives individuals control over their personal information – who are allowed to use it, and where and when to use it.
As a legal obligation, Mary J Love is bound to follow the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018. You, as an online customer, must know these seven key principles set by the General Data Protection Regulation:
• Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
• Purpose limitation
• Data minimization
• Storage limitation
• Integrity and confidentiality (security)
You may visit this website to know more about these principles.
Additionally, the General Data Protection Regulation provides the following rights for individuals:
• Right to be informed. You have the right to be informed about how we, Mary J Love, gather and use your personal information.
• Right of access. This means that you must have an access on your personal information. If you do not have an access on your personal information yet and you wish to have it, you may send us a request through e-mail or phone calls.
• Right to rectification. If you happen to have provided us any wrong personal information, you have the right to correct it. However, in certain circumstances, Mary J Love can refuse to accept a request for rectification if found illegitimate.
• Right to erasure. You may request to have your personal information erased on our system as it is your right under the GDRP. Though, Mary J Love can also refuse to accept this request in certain circumstances.
• Right to restrict processing. As an individual who is covered by the GDRP, you must know that you have the right to restrict Mary J Love in using your personal information. This means that we could only store the date we collected from you, but not use it.
• Right to data portability. You have the right to reuse your personal information across different online platforms.•
• Right to object. This means that you can object to the processing of your personal information and stop Mary J Love to use these data. You are only allowed to object if you have a valid and justifiable motive.
• Rights related to automated decision-making and profiling. GDRP has additional rules to protect you if we carry out automated decision-making that has legal effects on you.
The General Data Protection Regulation sets guidelines to increase protection on your personal information. This also means that you must be aware on how Mary J Love collects and uses your personal information. In addition, you must know your rights set by the General Data Protection Regulation.